It's crazy to think it's been almost four years since I started shooting backstage. I remember
my first show - Michael Van der Ham - like it was yesterday. The excitement of being in the
thick of it all. That's why I'm so glad that my work in beauty allows me to be there. This time
I was backstage with Redken...
This was my first time at fashion week Australia and I was reminded of what it felt like to be
the newbie at such events, with 8 seasons down at London this was quite a shock. Suddenly
I didn't know where anything was, the venues, the backstage areas, the cafe! It was a
different experience. Overall I'd say MBFWA is much more relaxed (no surprise there)
than London. There's no bouncers stopping people from coming backstage, for example.
The One Fell Swoop show was a highlight, great models, great clothes and lovely people.
Have a look through the photos and at the bottom you'll find a how to on the hair.
Get the Look with REDKEN
1. Start with dry hair and create a slightly off-centre part.
2. Apply STAND TOUGH Extreme Gel liberally to the front section and sides of hair, through to the roots.
3. Comb the front section forward and around to each side, tucking behind the ears and securing with clips
4. Pull out a small section hair on one side to create a cascade in front of the ear.
5. Layer nourishing ALL SOFT ARGAN-6 OIL with SHINE FLASH 02 Glistening Mist through the back
section of hair. Use fingers to comb through and create a natural, textured effect.
6. Finish the gelled front section with a spray of FORCEFUL 23 Super Strength Hairspray for
ultimate humidity-resistant hold and enhanced shine.